Wednesday, February 14

LOVE...more than just chocolate

LOVE.... i'm sitting her at my grandpa b's computer....there's a picture of my grandma taped on the side of the monitor...they have been married over 50 years!...also....my grandma and grandpa g., married over 50 years as well, are still living out love in ways i rarely see anymore. my grandma has alzheimers and grandpa continues to stand by her side through things that i can't even fathom having to face....but he knows what love really is...more than a feeling...more than just getting something from someone to satisfy a longing or emotional desire....I also think of my dad...how just a week ago he was talking to me about my mom and their relationship...i can't accurately express the fire and passion behind his words as he talked about how they've not only stayed in love but have grown into depths in their relationship that i'm certain can only be understood through experience.

thank you grandma and grandpa, grandma and grandpa, mom and dad....for truly LOVING each other. in a world where love is often equated with a dozen roses, sex, beauty, chocolate, and mostly- self...you are all pictures of what love TRULY is...you reflect Jesus.....and that's the kind of love i hope for someday.

2 comments:

Dave Feucht said...

yes - chocolate, flowers, etc... they are easy, and therefore, while they are enjoyable, they really mean very little to us. they don't require anything of us, and so they don't become dear to us. but love - real love - requires everything from us, and so the object of the love becomes dear to our hearts. and while it is much much harder than chocolate - it is SOOOO much better, I can't even begin to think how to explain. I know Trina and I have only been married for about 4.5 years, but still every year has been deeper and richer and at this point, I never would have even imagined that relationship could be so full... I can't imagine where it could go from here, but I'm excited to see.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, we are honored that you are our daughter! You are extra special. (I still think chocolate is pretty important!) :)