Wednesday, January 24

Radiance of the Rain

have you ever had to choose to totally let go of someone or something that you absolutely don't want to but you know you have to...cuz it's what God is asking you to do? it doesn't feel good. i guess sacrifice isn't suppose to feel good. i haven't had a lot of deep heartache in my life. when it comes, though, like lately, i don't really like it at all. not a bit actually. i face it, learn from it, come to understand a bit more what Jesus' sacrifice and love really was and is, appreciate that maybe i'll be able to better relate to other people who face far more heartache than i ever will, i thank God for working for my good, i walk closer with Jesus, i press on...but my heart still aches and tears still randomly show up daily. i guess i'd rather have tears and heartache than no emotion or heart at all....but i still don't like the feeling.

someday heaven!!! :)

i'm so thankful for friends to go through life with. this is melissa, one of those friends in my life lately.

"Thou, O Lord, canst transform my thorn into a flower. And I want my thorn transformed into a flower. Job got the sunshine after the rain, but has the rain been all waste? Job wants to know, I want to know, if the shower had nothing to do with the shining. And Thou canst tell me- Thy Cross can tell me. Thou hast crowned Thy sorrow. Be this my crown, O Lord, I only triumph in Thee when I have learned the radiance of the rain." - George Matheson- from "Streams in the Desert"- Jan. 23

No comments: