Saturday, March 3

My 40 Kids

i'm still bummed that i can't post pictures of at least a FEW of the fabulous kids that i spend time with every morning and afternoon! so once again, a picture (with fun photo effects added) of the RESULTS of their creative minds at work will have to do...this time on my own face and hands("no, you may NOT paint a huge Cat in the Hat hat all over my face, even if it IS Dr. Suess' birthday...maybe sometime when i'm NOT going somewhere after work).

for those wondering what i do...i direct a before-and-after school child care program with kids in kindergarten thru fifth grade. it really is a great job...i get to play outside, teach art, sports, do messy science experiments...but the best thing about it is getting to encourage and love the kids...who in turn, encourage and bless me just by being the kids that they are. it's a challenging job, mainly facing the various results of broken and hurting families...but the hard parts of the kids' lives are why i stay. what an amazing thing to think that God might choose to reveal His love to them through my life. that's my hope and prayer. so BRING ON THE FACE PAINT!!!:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy K. said...

Hey, Cheryl! You have such an amazing heart for God and kids...I remember it from when we were in H.S., and it has certainly grown and deepened. I love reading about your life! If you want to catch up on me a little, check out www.amykostbade.blogspot.com. Bye for now!

Anonymous said...

fun times! ... hey, what service to you go to at church? Will you call me and let me know? I'd like to try the well. Trina has my number... And besides... I'd love to chat and catch up with you!