Tuesday, May 22

Meet Eric & Kisha

I'm incredibly thankful for Eric & Kisha. They've become awesome friends that i love sharing life with. I met them at church but have gotten to know them mostly through the girls house that i've been helping out with (see Transitional Youth link). They have been the "house parents" of the home for the past year there, living and loving several young women who have been transitioning from street life or difficult living situations, to a more healthy life of jobs, school and hopefully a love and relationship with God.

Kisha enjoys riding horses and is an amazing cook (i eat all of her left-overs). eric shares my dad's love for biking (motorcycle) and he also fully enjoys a good cigar....and he cooks too. Of course there is so much more to them than just these things...

I hope you'll all get to meet them someday! I'm sad they are moving a bit further away (at least not overseas like most of my other good friends-just to Beaverton), but am looking forward to continuing to kick-it with 'em in our free time....next month- STOMP!! can't wait!! ....and summer is coming, which means CAMPING!!!! oh yeah!!! and cooking over the campfire.....I'm sure i'll be posting more in the future with these guys...so now you know who they are!

3 comments:

Dena said...

that meal looks delish! you're making me hungry. It is great to have wonderful friends.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we are going to Stomp too with the fam. Steve and I went about 10 years ago and LOVED it so we are taking the kids this time as a treat. You will love it.

Anonymous said...

hey... that's me! Nice to see I finally made the cut!