Sunday, April 8

Psalm 103...like the eagles

I'm DONE!! i think! :) i'm such a perfectionist that it makes it hard for me to finally just put the paint brushes down and let the painting be as it is...and as always, after staring at it for hours, i've found it hard to know if what i've done looks good/realistic or not. i had moments with this painting of freaking out and thinking that for sure these eagles looked more like Big Bird or Red Robin than the real eagles i was trying to paint. but thanks to dave, trina and kendra, who are either really good liars or who actually think what i do is good, i didn't end up throwing this out and now i'm glad i didn't!



















I painted this from a photograph that one of kendra's friend's husband took up in Alaska. It's his favorite picture out of several that he's taken, so his wife wanted to get it painted for a surprise one year anniversary gift. i hope he likes it.

Of course the way it shows up on the computer is a bit different than real life. The colors show up a bit different but at least there's the general idea.

I want to keep painting. Not every day or every week but more than once every 7 years. It was a huge blessing to get paid this time since it made it possible for me to buy some supplies that will last for future paintings!

Since i think i'll keep painting i decided that i should choose a signature to stick with. I'm using just "CR" for "Cheryl Renea"...cuz you just never know if i'll get married someday :)...this way i can just keep my signature the same. I also like the looks of an "R" instead of a "B" anyway! So now you know that I'm not claiming someone else's painting if you see "CR" instead of "CB"..and hey, it just makes me feel more artsy anyway...you gotta have SOMETHING unique, right!

I'll also be putting a verse with every painting. Psalm 103 is the chapter that i put onto this one. It's a great pslam full of truth...including an eagle analogy.



Psalm 103:1-5
Of David

"Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."


4 comments:

Annie said...

This is beautiful Cheryl! I can't wait to show Paul. How come I was your roomate for a whole year and didn't know you were so talented?

Carmen Imes said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous! I had no idea you could paint! Somehow I missed your creative classroom communication painting, too. I love them both! You should definitely keep painting. -Carmen

Anonymous said...

WoW! Lebai grazus! Amazing.
Thanks for sharing your paintings with us.
Tiana

shovel said...

That is PHENOMENAL!!!